Instructions pour la préparation de commandes
At MSB Prestige, we strive to meet our objective of total customer satisfaction. We are always looking for ways to reduce the amount of time required to process orders.
As such, we ask that you consider the following measures when preparing an order:
- Identify each roll of fabric that you send to us with your company name and purchase order number. MSB Prestige can supply identification tags that you can staple to each roll. This procedure allows us to quickly identify your material and to put the goods into production without delay.
- Place all rolls and pieces of fabric in sealed bags in order to reduce the risk of damage to the goods.
- Your purchase order should contain as much relevant information as possible such as:
- Company name, address, telephone number
- Buyer’s name
- Fabric detail: color, shade, width
- Amount of fabric given
- Service required
- Finished yardage required
- Please note: MSB Prestige can supply its regular customers with purchase order books.
How to calculate how much fabric is required to produce the required finished binding:
Step 1: Determine number of running yards of binding needed.
Number of running yards = (number of garments) x (inches of binding per garment) divided by 36
Step 2: Find the appropriate yield according to the Bias Yield Chart on the Bias Chart page. The following information is required:
- Type of binding: bias, straight, across, cord-piping, spaghetti, two-row stitch, etc.
- Width of binding to be cut
- Width of fabric
- Is the fabric satin or very stretchy? If so, reduce bias yield by 10%.
Number of running yards divided by the yield = how much fabric is required
Number of garments = 2500;
Number of inches of binding per garment is 18″;
bias is cut at 1 3/4″;
fabric satin is 58″ wide.
According to the Bias Chart, the yield is 30. Reduce the yield by 10% since the fabric is satin. Adjusted yield is 27.
2500 x 18″ / 36 = 1250 running yards of bias is required
1250 divided by 27 = 46.3
Approximately 46 yards of fabric is required for 1250 running yards of 1 3/4″ satin bias
Number of pants = 3000
Number of inches of 2-row stitch per pants is 12″
The 2-row stitch is 3/8″ wide; this means that the binding is cut on the straight at 1 1/4″. The fabric is 54″ wide.
Number of running yards required = 3000 x 12″/36 = 1000 running yards
Yield = (54″ – 2″) / 1.25 = 41
1000 divided by 41 = 24.39
Approximately 25 yards of fabric is required for 1000 running yards of 3/8″ 2-row stitch